We would like to thank everyone for their understanding during this time. COVID-19 has been difficult for all of us. As you may be aware, the Ontario Government has updated their Essential Service list. We are grateful to continue to be listed as an essential service. We are here for you and your pets but we have had to alter how we see our patients. Here are some of the changes we have needed to implement to be in compliance with the governing bodies.
Below are the changes that will be in place:
- Until further notice, our hospital hours will be as follows: Monday- Friday 7:30am-10:00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am-5pm. Please note, these times may vary pending business needs and staffing availability.
- We will only be available for urgent cases. This means if your pet is sick, or if you have a question about your pet’s medical care, we are here.
- We are currently not able to perform wellness appointments or elective services such as vaccinations, spaying, neutering or non-elective dental procedures.
Regarding vaccinations: As for vaccines, our licensing body (CVO), our provincial regulatory body (OVMA) and Dr Scott Weiss (infectious disease specialist at the Ontario Veterinary College) have made guidelines as to how we are able to practice during this time.
We will still be offering initial puppy/kitten vaccines to protect them from potentially fatal diseases (therefore qualifying as urgent care).
For those with adult pets coming due for vaccines, we are asking for you to hold off on requesting these appointments for the time being. We ask also that you limit exposure of your pets to risk of illness covered by these vaccines. We feel that at this point in time the risks of illness (death) by COVID-19 is greater than the risk of illness by diseases that these vaccines prevent against such as rabies.
We will continue to keep current during this ever-changing situation and will keep all of you updated as to when are able to offer these services again.
- If you currently have wellness appointment scheduled, we will be contacting you to reschedule. At this time we are hoping to book for May. This date may change pending government requirements.
- Telemedicine: We are now offering telemedicine appointments. Although there are limitations with telemedicine, our goal is it decrease the amount of pets who need to come into the clinic and in turn, support social distancing. Please contact us for details.
- Due to the changes in our booking procedure, we have removed the online booking option until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- If someone in your home is ill we ask that you do not come to the clinic. We can still help you! Please contact the clinic for instruction.
- Food must be purchased and delivered through our webstore.
- Prescriptions and small food items are to be paid for over the phone and ideally delivered to your home. We can courier all items for a flat fee of $15.
- When visiting the clinic please be aware that we have a closed door policy. Please knock and we will help you.
- Please step back from the door and allow a 6 foot distance from our team.
We ask that you remain patient with us. These are difficult times for everyone. The human-animal bond is more important now than ever. We are grateful to be here working hard for your pets when they need us.
Thank you for your understanding during this time, we will get through this together as a community.
The Bloor Animal Hospital Team